Sustainability in Action webinar recording: Net zero – measuring and reducing scope 3 emissions
The focus of this webinar is scope 3 emissions, all the indirect emissions that occur in the value chain, including both upstream and downstream emissions. This excludes the direct emissions from a company and emissions from purchased or acquired electricity, steam, heating or cooling as these are covered in scope 1 and 2.
Measuring and reducing scope 3 emissions can be a daunting prospect as an organization has much less control and visibility on these emissions than it does for scope 1 and 2.
Although it can be difficult, it’s really important as for many organizations scope 3 emissions accounts for the majority of their overall carbon footprint.
After the event, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of measuring and reducing scope 3 emissions
- Understand the role that the finance team can play
- Be able to translate the experiences of others into practical action
- Natalie Jackson, Consultant in Knowledge & Technical Team, Accounting for Sustainability (A4S)
- Graeme Gibson, Finance Director, Edinburgh Airport
- Bettina Paschke, VP ESG Accounting, Reporting & Controlling, DHL Express