Asset Owners Network
The A4S Asset Owners Network is a grouping of chairs of pension funds, their pooling partners, investment committees and endowment. Covering both defined benefit and defined contribution schemes from multi-employer and large single employer schemes within both the private and public sector.
The focus of the A4S Asset Owners Network is on the role of pension fund chairs and trustees and how they can adapt to, and scale up adoption of, good practice. The Network coordinates with other investor groups and stakeholders to avoid duplicating our efforts.
The Networks’ purpose is to:
- Enable members to come together to discuss environmental, socal and governance (ESG) considerations in a confidential and informal setting, observing the Chatham House Rule.
- Translate this dialogue and debate into focused and measurable group and individual action. The objective is to help to deliver a sustainable financial system capable of supporting the achievement of the Paris Agreement and wider UN Sustainable Development Goals.
To find out more about joining this Network please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The A4S Asset Owners Network Charter
As a member of the A4S Asset Owners Network, I will:
- Play my part in delivering a sustainable financial system capable of supporting the achievement of the Paris Agreement and wider UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Attend and contribute to Network meetings, sharing my experiences, knowledge, ideas and best practice examples.
- Challenge other Network members to consider how their actions consistently align with the purpose of the Network.
- Support the transition from dialogue to action by contributing to the formation and delivery of the Network’s priority focus areas and project plan.
- Make an individual commitment to take action in one or more of the Network’s priority focus areas.
- Report to the Network on the action I have taken and outcomes observed/achieved.
- Work across other A4S networks, including the A4S Chief Financial Officer Leadership Network, to build relationships, share knowledge, collaborate and leverage support.
The Network is co-chaired by Emma Howard Boyd, Chair of the investment committee, Environment Agency Pension Fund, and Russell Picot, Chair, HSBC Bank (UK) Pension Trust.