Circles of Practice
The A4S Circles of Practice are informal regional or sector level groups. The Circles of Practice provide finance leaders with the opportunity to gain insights from one another, by sharing practical approaches and exchanging information and knowledge.
A Circle of Practice comprises a group of organizations whose finance teams are seeking to work with others to embed sustainability into decision making. It provides a way for CFOs and their finance teams to engage with A4S's work and take steps towards implementation of guidance developed by the A4S CFO Leadership Network.
Circle of Practice objectives
- Support the finance community in the creation of sustainable business models through exploring the commercial benefits of adopting a sustainable approach
- Share insights, challenges and opportunities to accelerate progress towards accounting for sustainability and collaborate with others to increase the reach and impact of member activities
- Work together to implement the tools and guidance developed by the A4S CFO Leadership Network to enable sustainability to be integrated into decision making
- Influence the environment within which businesses operate through engagement with investors and other stakeholders
In providing a confidential and informal environment, members will:
- benefit from global expert research, knowledge and experience in adopting sustainable business models
- develop their knowledge and confidence in adopting this approach across all finance processes
- leverage best practice case studies by CFOs in leading organizations to support own work
- work with peers to develop tailor made sustainable business models
- share and exchange knowledge and best practice approaches across organizations with a sector or regional focus
- pool expertise to solve problems, identify solutions and identify opportunities
- build confidence in demonstrating the business case within their organization and obtain valuable internal buy-in from Board members and others
- build long term, mutually beneficial relationships with peers on a regional, sectoral and/or global level
A4S is working with finance leaders across the world to establish Circles of Practices to share best practice across the broader finance community.
A4S Circles of Practice currently operate in:
- Gulf region
- trans -Tasman region
- The UK National Health Service
- Yorkshire, UK
- Central and Eastern Europe