TCFD IMPLEMENTATION WORKSHOP, SAN FRANCISCO
Running as an affiliated event at the Global Climate Action Summit (GCAS) and supported by HSBC, A4S ran a workshop on implementing the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
Designed for those responsible for financial reporting, the free to attend workshop was based on peer to peer learning and focussed on the practical steps to implementing the recommendations.
- Insights into approaches being adopted by peers to implement the TCFD recommendations including from HSBC, Bloomberg and Salesforce
- Practical examples of how to start implementing the recommendations
- The 'data user's' perspective on why it matters and what they will do with these disclosures
- A broader understanding of climate risk and opportunity and
- An environment where participants can share and discuss challenges and solutions.
Supported by HSBC, speakers included:
- Curtis Ravenel, Global Head, Sustainable Business & Finance, Bloomberg
- Dr. Daniel Klier, Group General Manager, Group Head of Strategy and Global Head of Sustainable Finance, HSBC
- Swami Venkataraman, Senior Vice President, Moody's Investors
- Mark Hawkins, President and Chief Financial Officer, Salesforce
- Emma Howard Boyd, Chair, Environment Agency
Wednesday 12th September, 10.00 to 12.30 (PDT)
The InterContinental San Francisco
Attendees: Those responsible for financial reporting. We are also able to accommodate a sustainability counterpart if they are accompanied by their finance colleague.
To find out more about this event, please email Kerry Perkins