A4S Essential Guide to Finance Culture
In order to make change happen, the culture of a finance team needs to align to strategic goals.
The A4S CFO Leadership Network has developed a range of practical guides, with tools, case studies and guidance to support finance professionals with the integration of sustainability into core finance and decision making processes. However, in order to do this successfully, the culture of the finance team needs to be aligned to support the transition.
Our project team has therefore developed guidance on how to drive the necessary cultural change to embed sustainability as one of the core pillars of finance. The practical guidance:
- Highlights the role that finance can take to support the integration of sustainability within the organization
- Suggests actions required to shift the culture of the finance team and how they can be put into practice
- Sets out how to create an understanding of the reason for the change and enthusiasm for the solution
- Helps to identify what behaviours need to change and what additional competencies may be required in the finance function
- Provides guidance on how to sustain the change and improve over time
“We often hear that the culture of the finance function can be a barrier for organizations attempting to move to more a sustainable business model. To address this, we have created this guide to provide practical tools and guidance for finance teams seeking to eliminate this barrier, to develop a culture that embraces sustainable decision making and support the business in creating sustainable value.”
Helen Slinger, Executive Director, Accounting for Sustainability
The A4S Essential Guide to Finance Culture
Thank you for downloading The A4S Essential Guide to Finance Culture. Don't forget to also download the tools that accompany the guide.