GSK: Getting Started with TCFD
This practical example shows how GSK is using the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) to understand and communicate how climate change could affect its business. GSK has set up a Finance Sustainability Champion Network to support their goal of achieving net zero impact on climate by 2030 – applying the TCFD framework is a key part of this.
GSK’s work has included:
- Making the business case for climate-related disclosures
- Conducting scenario analysis
- Developing data-driven metrics and targets
- Preparing the disclosures by working collaboratively
- Applying climate-related financial risks to business planning and decision making
This case study is part of A4S's guidance on supporting and implementing the TCFD recommendations.